NBA Regular Season to Tip Off at Denver’s Ball Arena
The Los Angeles Lakers and defending NBA champion, the Denver Nuggets, will tip off the season in Colorado at Ball Arena. The 7:30 p.m. ET game will be followed by the Phoenix Suns at the Chase Center in San Francisco, taking on the Golden State Warriors at 10 p.m. Both games will be aired on TNT.
Other schedule highlights:
- In the first five days of the season, 10 games will be televised nationally.
- Ten teams will play on Christmas Day for the 16th year in a row, with games aired on ABC or ESPN.
- The second annual NBA Rivals Week will take place from Jan. 23 to Jan. 27 across TNT, ESPN, ABC and NBA TV.
- For the second year in a row, no games have been scheduled on Nov. 7, Election Day.
For the league’s Global Games, it was previously announced that the Atlanta Hawks would play the Orlando Magic in The NBA Mexico City Game 2023 on Nov. 9. and the Cleveland Cavaliers would face off against the Brooklyn Nets on Jan. 11 in Paris.
The regular season will end on April 14 and feature 15 games with all 30 teams. You can buy tickets here.
New this year is the NBA’s in-season tournament. The league announced the schedule for the inaugural event on Tuesday.
- Each team will play four Group Play games, which are scheduled for Tuesdays and Fridays in November – other than tournament games, no other NBA games are scheduled on those nights.
- The six groups of five teams were randomly drawn within their conference based on win-loss records from last season. ESPN and TNT will air a total of 14 games together during Group Play.
- Eight teams will advance from the Group Play stage to the Knockout Rounds, which will consist of single-elimination games.
The Championship of the in-season tournament will take place on Dec. 9 in Las Vegas. Players on the winning team will reportedly take home $500,000.
In-season tournament tickets are available here.
The NBA All-Star Game will take place at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana on Feb. 18. TNT will exclusively air the game. Fans can buy tickets here.
The 2024 NBA Playoffs, presented by Google Pixel, will begin on April 20. TNT will also exclusively televise the 2024 Western Conference Finals, and ABC/ESPN will exclusively air the Eastern Conference Finals and 2024 NBA Finals. Game 1 of the Finals presented by YouTube TV is scheduled for June 6.