Top Events in May by Average Ticket Price
To say Taylor Swift dominated the May events calendar would an understatement.
When calculating the highest average ticket prices for events in May, the pop star took 12 of the top 20 spots – including the top 11.
There’s no surprise that her three shows at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ had the three highest average ticket prices during the month at $2,970 (5/27), $2,935 (5/26) and $2,769 (5/28). Her concerts at Lincoln Financial Field, Gillette Stadium and Nissan Stadium filled out the rest of her appearances on the list.
- 4. 5/13: Lincoln Financial Field – Philadelphia, PA ($2,684)
- 5. 5/21: Gillette Stadium – Foxborough, MA ($2,346)
- 6. 5/12: Lincoln Financial Field – Philadelphia, PA ($2,207)
- 7. 5/14: Lincoln Financial Field – Philadelphia, PA ($2,139)
- 8. 5/20: Gillette Stadium – Foxborough, MA ($2,031)
- 9. 5/19: Gillette Stadium – Foxborough, MA ($1,901)
- 10. 5/6: Nissan Stadium – Nashville, TN ($1,432)
- 11. 5/7: Nissan Stadium – Nashville, TN ($1,326)
- 15. 5/5: Nissan Stadium – Nashville, TN ($1,259)
But Ms. Swift wasn’t completely alone.
The average price for a three-day pass to the BottleRock Festival at the Napa Valley Expo Center, which featured artists including the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Post Malone and Lizzo, was $1,319 – slightly above the average ticket price ($1,303) to Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Golden State Warriors (5/10).
Not to be outdone by the West, the average ticket price for Game 7 to the Eastern Conference finals between the Miami Heat and Boston Celtics at TD Garden cost $1,302.
The Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix fell next in line, with a three-day pass to the Miami International Autodrome costing $1,145.
Game 4 and 6 of the Western Conference semifinals between the Warriors and Lakers landed at No. 18 and 19 respectively, at $1,132 and $1,070.
Morgan Wallen, Ernest and Bailey Zimmerman at MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds on May 6 rounded out the top 20 with an average ticket price of $1,068.
Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour doesn’t end until August, so it’ll be interesting to see if she continues to stay on top throughout the summer.